Physiological aging of the skin is also accelerated by sun exposure. Indeed the skin’s exposure to sunlight (UVA and thermal component) causes an overexpression of metalloproteinases in the skin and collagen deterioration. The activation of TRPV1 receptors (heat component) further enhances this process.
Cell system :
- Primary cultures of sensory neurons
- Co- culture of sensory neurons and keratinocytes
Endpoint evaluation :
- Measurement of neurotransmitters released by the sensory neurons (CGRP, substance P)
- Measurement of cytokines released by keratinocytes (IL-6 , IL-8 , IL- 1β )
- Analysis of the number of sensory neuron endings