Neuron Experts is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) specialized in the study of neuro-active compounds. The company uses its own tests based on primary neuronal cell cultures modeling neurodegenerative diseases and neuronal impairment-induced skin disorders.
Neuron Experts provides 3 main complementary activities to fulfill client’s needs:
- An ADVISORY activity in drug discovery and active molecules development in the fields of neuropharmacology and neurodermatology. Neuron Experts assists and advises customers in the preclinical development process of new molecules taking place before clinical studies.
- An innovative RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT activity
- A CUSTOMIZED ACTIVITY to demonstrate potential neurotrophic and/or neuroprotective effects on new drugs / molecules from neuropharmacology and neurodermatology companies by using appropriated primary neuronal cell assays elaborated in close collaboration with our customers.
With 200 m² of independent laboratory located in the Northern Faculty of Medicine of Marseille in France, Neuron Experts benefits from numerous facilities and is consistently investing heavily in high-tech equipment to provide the best service to our clients.
Neuron Experts invests heavily in state of the art material, facilities and staff training to:
- Update materials to provide the latest and most efficient technologies
- Obtain the most accurate results for clients’ projects
- Enhance our R&D program
- be time efficient for our clients
With these innovative technical platforms and facilities, Neuron Expert offers the best conditions to perform testing and research, with the opportunity to work with high tech professional equipment.
NEURON EXPERTS facilities and materials DAILY USED FOR YOUR BENEFIT:
A Culture room allowing dissection and nervous cells including:
An Analysis room including:
- GE Healthcare IN Cell Analyser 2000: automated microscopy and associated imagery software.
- The lastest generation of INCell Analyzer 2000 is a modular, cellular and subcellular imaging system for fast, automated imaging and analysis in fixed and live cells.
- PAA robotized arm connected to the IN Cell Analyzer in order to automatize tasks and increase productivity.
- 96 well plates photometer reader (Thermo Fisher: Multiskan FC).
- Automated western blot device (Protein Simple: Simon).
- Thermocycler 2720fromAppliedBiosystem:
- Tecan: Freedom Evo robot that allows automatic fixation, staining, ELISA… in 96 well plates.
- Spectrometer to measure proteins, RNA and DNA levels contained in micro-samples (GE Healthcare: Nanovue)
- Inverted research microscope (Zeiss: Axio Observer D1)
CRN2M platform (Marseille University)
Neuron Experts benefits from the CRN2M facilities, enabling full access to top quality equipment such as:
- Confocal Microscopy, Electronic Microscopy, thermostated and motorized inverted epifluorescence microscope , Live cell Ca2+ flow measure
- Proteomic: Biacore 3000, (to analyze synaptic vesicles in neuronal cells and their neurotransmitters)
- qPCR device (Applied Biosystems: 7500 Fast) equipped with 96 wells heating blocs
- Flow cytometer (Becton Dickinson: Facs Canto)